19 March 2018
|Job Title:||Network Engineer - Glasgow area|
Job title: Network Engineer
Experience: CCNA / Routers / ISP / MPLS / VLAN
Starting salary: Excellent (Neg depending on experience)
Mon - Fri 9.00am -5.30pm (out of hours cover on a rota basis)
Our client provides a wide range of innovative and progressive telecommunications solutions, products and services to business across the UK through their dedicated Channel Partners. They manage over 17,000 business lines, billing over 87,000,000 minutes a year and have Scotland's first business-only next generation IP network. Their staff take great pride in ensuring that every client gets a best in class experience; this makes their customer retention one of the highest in the telecoms industry. Each team boasts specialist skills ensuring that the company remains experts in their field and drive long-term business relationships. Due to expansion there is now a requirement for a Network Engineer to join the team.
Working with a team of 2nd line engineers within the Technical Service Centre (TSC) you will be responsible for managing, maintaining, and developing the Core Network. You will be tasked with investigating highly complex network / system faults as well as implementing customer requests on DNS and Radius servers. You will be responsible for implementing changes on the company network to meet customer and business needs, as well as providing 2nd line network support to all customers for both faults and service requests. You will also be responsible for day to day operation of the network security systems.
MAIN DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Monitor and maintain our core devices and work with our suppliers when required to help resolve any issues that may occur.
2. Monitor and maintain the security of the company network.
3. Configure customer routers.
4. Work closely with 1st Line Support with any issues that they are unable to resolve and provide 2nd line support to our customers and partners.
5. Work with our customers to ensure that their business needs are met.
6. Develop complex MPLS solutions for our customers.
7. Liaise with customers to understand technical requirements and resolve issues as quickly as possible.
8. Act as technical contact for our service providers and work closely with them during network development and hardware upgrades.
9. Create and maintain TSC documentation.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
1. Help the Installation Team when required to install customer routers for DSL / FTTC / Ethernet connections.
2. Maintain the DNS and Radius services.
3. Visit our POPs / Datacentres throughout the UK to install / replace equipment.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
*Strong numeracy and communication skills
*CCNA / JNCIS Routing & Switching
*CCNA / JNCIS Security
*Worked in an ISP environment
*CCNP Routing & Switching
*Knowledge and experience in configuring Cisco and/or Juniper routers and switches
*Experience in a networking/ security environment with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
*Configuring and troubleshooting:
*DNS / Radius
*DSL, FTTS, EoFTTC
*Driving license as occasional on-site visits may be required
*Strong problem solving and evaluation skills
*Excellent collaboration skills when working as part as a team while also able to work efficiently under own initiative
*Ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively
The successful candidate will have the passion and determination to deliver a best in class service to all customers. They will be a strong team player with innovative thinking but will be equally comfortable taking ownership of their tasks and working under their own initiative.
|No of Positions:||1|
Request more information on this vacancy
Tell a friend about this vacancy
Return to Search Results
Click here to try another search.